Google Webmaster Central

Monday, March 23, 2020

CORONA VIRUS: SIX FEET

I've always been amazed at the relative lack of education in the bulk of the populace. I'm not talking about how many years someone has spent in school, by the way. Education to me is a mind well shaped, a thinking being capable of figuring out the basics.

Apparently there are a whole bunch of people that have no concept of how to measure a six foot space.

As part of the Coronavirus plan of attack, people have been told to stand six feet apart from each other. The notion is that this would help prevent contamination should someone sneeze or cough. Well, at least that is the theory. I know a few people who when they sneeze could possibly send droplets into orbit.

During my walk today I could not help but notice that people were meandering terribly close to me, way in violation of the six foot edict. They ran by me, sweaty on top of it all, wearing their ear buds and in their own mind space with no concern about the other humans on the walking path.

In other words, totally clueless. 

We are going to have to come up with an easier method for these dimwits to figure out how far to stand from other people during these Social Distancing Days. Let's call them SDDs.

The easiest way? Stick your arms out on any side of yourself and don't let anyone within that circle. 

Think of DaVinci's Vitruvian Man.

Here he is in all of his glory. I'm not going into all the different facets of this iconic figure and why he is perfection. 

But I am going into the idea that we all take a look at him, stand with our arms out and not allow anyone to come within that distance from us. While Social Distancing seem to be the words du jour, I would not be surprised if after all of this is mercifully over we will finally grasp the notion of personal space and no longer run into each other as we stand in line to purchase items at the market.

Got it?

Amen, and pass the toilet paper. 

No comments: