Google Webmaster Central

Friday, August 3, 2012

NEWS FLASH TO BOB COSTAS: GO AWAY

As many others did tonight, I watched the Olympics hoping to catch Michael Phelps do what I had already read earlier in the day -- win that final gold medal. 


I was enjoying myself immensely when the commentator -- Bob Costas -- made me start thinking that maybe the time has come to send Bob Costas to the Anne Curry Place For Tired Anchor People. 


The scenario: Phelps is getting on podium after his huge win, grinning widely and mugging for the camera as of course he should be doing. In the middle of all this, as Phelps raises his arms once again to the crowd, Bob Costas muses whether or not Phelps was as perfect as he was in Beijing. 


That jarred me nearly straight out of my couch.


NEWS FLASH BOB -- AND YES I AM SHOUTING -- MICHAEL PHELPS JUST BECAME THE MOST DECORATED OF ALL US OLYMPIANS. 


I'd say he is even more perfect than he was in Beijing, you ninny.

It's not as if Costas has achieved any sort of perfection on his own in quite some time, if at all, for crying out loud. 



But then again, neither has NBC during this particular Olympic session -- the peacock network is looking a bit peaked, a far cry from the Must See TV days when all it touched was gold.


Fool's gold is more likely what Bob deserved tonight.  Step aside, dude, there's got to be someone else out there who has something new to say.


Amen, and pass the remote control.

No comments: