Google Webmaster Central

Friday, May 8, 2020

WEAR THE MASK I DON'T WANT YOUR SNOT ON ME

Okay, they are a bit annoying. 

The masks. They tug at your face, slip off your nose when you don't want them to and if you wear glasses, cause some serious fogging of the lenses.

But what they also do is provide some sense of "protection" against COVID 19 -- that blasted virus that we have all come to hate, detest, and want to disappear. 

If you go on any social media you will find a cacophony of crap written by people who keep telling you that they are wearing the mask because it is protecting YOU - not them. 

Then there are people squawking about how wearing the masks is a violation of their civil rights. Just how many of these people even thought about their civil rights before the pandemic is up to debate. I'm convinced some of them saw a post on social media and jumped on a bandwagon for an issue they didn't think about six months ago.

Whatever.

Bottom line is this -- we are up against a very nasty virus which has killed boatloads, caused havoc to untold others and stands to keep doing likewise until somebody from a drug company comes up with something to kill it, dead, dead, dead before it kills any more of us.

If wearing a stupid band of fabric across my face may keep my sneeze off you -- or perhaps some of your sneeze off me -- then I'm game. My civil rights include not having to deal with your snot landing on my face because you were too much of a jerk to wear a simple item of clothing.

Amen, and pass the face masks please. 

No comments: