Google Webmaster Central

Saturday, April 4, 2020

CORONA VIRUS: MY MOTHER WAS RIGHT

If you knew my late mother you would understand how difficult it is for me to write something that acknowledges she was right about anything.

My mother was ALWAYS right. You learned early in the game that arguing with her was a waste of time. Now I didn't say I went along with much of what she said - I, too, have my stubborn streak.

But these days I've been hearing two of her dictums so often that it's like she has come back to life and is haunting me.

WASH YOUR HANDS!  

DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!

I heard those words every single day an untold number of times. 

Now they are everywhere -- with good reason, as these two simple sentences are being counseled as one of the major methods to hold off that heinous, absolutely putrid Corona Virus/ Covid 19.

Somewhere I know my mother is shouting from the rooftops "Wash your hands! Don't touch your face!" a bunch of times a day. She's programming the planet to scream right alongside her.

Come on, you know you want to.

WASH YOUR HANDS! 

DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!

I never really got an answer from my mother as to why those two sentences were so important to impart to her children. 

But now, I get the idea, Mom, trust me. I'm doing as I'm told. And thanks a bunch. 

You were right.

Amen, and pass the toilet paper. 


No comments: