Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CHEESY CHINESE LAVA LAMPS

I broke my own axiom against purchasing Chinese products -- I'm not going into the reasons why here, you can just speculate.


And all this for a lousy lava lamp.


I have had several along the way -- odd looking things that arose first during the psychedelic era -- when stoners had nothing else to do except stare at odd looking things as opposed to their navels, clearly an odd looking thing but that's for another day. 


I don't do well with sitting still and I need all the variety around me I can stand, so of course I need to have a boatload of odd looking things to stare at during the day to keep myself from going totally out of my mind.


Thus the lava lamp -- which at first I didn't think of as the Cheesy Chinese Lava Lamp. I set it up quickly after purchasing it at lunchtime, expectantly hoping it would send up something soon, very soon. I needed to be entertained.


Imagine my surprise when the lava lamp -- now baptized the Cheesy Chinese Lava Lamp-- took almost three hours before the thing even shot up one small blob. And then it sat there doing more nothing.


But then that's what you get when you buy a Cheesy Chinese Lava Lamp.


Amen, and pass the mustard.

No comments: