Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

STILL PARADISE TO ME

It was the winter of 1995/96 and I had just returned from living in the Cayman Islands. 

Yes, people, I  HAD lived in paradise. I walked the Caribbean shores daily and had a tan in February, no problem.

Then I returned to New England to a miserable winter that ended up dumping something like 110 inches of snow on us over the course of a few months. It broke weather records, and my heart.

Now I'm reliving that cursed winter, looking out the window as it snows and snows and snows and snows some more. There's got to be some cosmic joke going on, at least, on me.

Nothing beats palm trees in winter. All you Snow Bunnies can go to you know where.

So here I am back in a frozen winter and I would give anything for the hot sun on my back, my Mares fins on my feet as I snorkel the waves, followed by a supper of turtle stew. Then a long sleep under cotton sheets.


To my dear Caymanian friends Annie, Denise and Tara --  where you live is still paradise to me.

Send me sunshine, mis amigas, I need it sorely. Amen, and pass the mustard.

No comments: