Google Webmaster Central

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

STILL WAITING FOR MACBOOK PRO UPDATE

I've been staring at the SONY Vaio laptops for what seems like a small eternity. 

I loved its sleek lines, the sharp images and of course, it bore the SONY name.

But one day it happened -- someone put an IPhone in my hands and I was a goner.

I bought within two days, and then began stalking the MacBook Pros. I was going to purchase until I learned there might be an update -- so of course I held off.

And the wait began.  I'm not the only one, either -- according to the Gizmodo blog a dude walked into an Apple Store looking for one of them and they went postal on him.

Now I should divulge here that I work for an ISP and second, my brother is a major geek employed in information services by an enormous multinational company.  I hate to admit this in public but he's really, really, smart and -- no surprise here -- even weirder than I am.

(NOTE: My brother won't eat a sandwich if the mayonnaise is touching the cheese. I used to open his fridge and put the cheese next to the jar of mayo until he put Post-it notes on them saying "Don't even think of it.")

This man calls IBM computers "itty bitty machines" and thinks most laptops are just very expensive paperweights.  In comparison, I'm a "geek in training."

So it should come as no surprise that he nearly had a cow when I told him I was considering a laptop, never mind one made by Apple.

I usually pick his brain about such matters, but have hesitated asking about the Macbook Pro updates that have been wafting the web in sites like macrumors lately. They are talking among other things Intel's i7 chips, bigger hard drives and increased battery life.

I'm itching to get one of these puppies, as I am sure many others are.

If WERE to call my brother, he would have a cow -- not be a-moo-sed, so to speak. I'd love to hear from anybody who might illuminate...

Amen, and pass the mustard.

No comments: