Google Webmaster Central

Friday, April 16, 2010

DOOT DOO DOO DOO DOOTS

Worst thing on the planet -- that inocuous song that enters your cranium and then refuses to leave.


There are only two ways to get rid of the runaway song playing itself out for the 47th time as you try to go about your life -- replace it with another song.


I've got one running rampant right now, and had to think up another to take its place.


It's Manah Manah, a vintage classic from Jim Henson and the Muppets.


I'm really, really partial to the pink cows and can really get carried away with the doot doo doo doo doots.


Come on, get into it -- doot doo doo doo doot.
Manah Manah, doot doo doo doo doot.


Okay, that got old so I rooted around and in popped Total Eclipse of the Heart which has more than one annoying riff from start to beginning.  After about five minutes of that I had to dig deeper until I'm Blue reared its ugly little head.


I was reaching a level of exhaustion trying to knock that one down when Chumbawumba jumped out of the ether and replaced it. Frankly I never disliked that one but had to dig around some more before I went totally nuts. Out popped Macarena and somehow that segued back to Manah Manah.


I was back to square one, desperate and drained, hoping the cacophany in my cranium would finally cease. Not to worry.  Chocolate saved the day.


Amen, and pass the mustard.

No comments: