Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, October 13, 2011

OCCUPY THIS

They are everywhere.


"They" are a haphazard motley that has turned up at assorted U.S. cities big and small, in an apparent movement to get corporations, banks what-have-you to part with cash. 


It's all in the name of the common person, supposedly, a protest against "corporate greed" and "capitalism" and how life is just so unfair.


It's all about how some organizations and people have all the luck to have a boatload of money, while others, well, others just do not.


It's all about a sense of entitlement.


And so the hordes occupied Wall Street and they occupied that and they will occupy this, all the time thinking that somehow they are going to break down the barriers and just like at Jericho Wall Street will come tumbling down and everyone will be equal.


Right.


I don't know about you, but if there is a dollar out there to be had, I will do everything in my power to get the whole thing.  This means I get up in the morning and go to work to earn that dollar. And when I get my mitts on it, I'm not sharing it with anyone who squandered a day waving signs and being a public nuisance. This is not to say that I don't believe in helping those who truly need assistance. Not a single bit.


But, guys, it's costing cash strapped cities and towns a lot of money to get extra police out to make sure you don't destroy property which does not belong to you while you are out to make your point.


Think about it: if all you occupants showed up at the polls next go round, you could, as the platitude goes, "make a difference." Are you upset that the politicos voted to bail out the banks? Then mobilize and get those politicos out of office. You might even get one of your own elected. I could totally respect that. 


Amen, and pass the mustard. And by the way, I mean all of it because I worked hard to get it. Can you say the same?

No comments: