Google Webmaster Central

Thursday, March 4, 2010

PALIN-DRONES

Everybody wants to get into the act these days.

Sarah Palin, the former Vice Presidential candidate who boggled the minds of many with her pronouncements, wants to be a reality TV star. 

Reports say that Palin and Mark Burnett, the producer who has brought us such gems as "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" and "How'd You Get So Rich?" have been hawking a new concept around the major networks. The rumor mill says the venue is a docu-reality about Alaska and would include Palin and her family.

I've got a suggestion for a cohost: Dan Quayle, if he would do it. The two would be an excellent pair.

Palin is the woman who flatly stated that she had foreign policy experience because Alaska was very, very close to Russia. In her own words, "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."

Quayle, the guy who served as Vice President for George Bush (the father, not the son for those people under 20 who are historically challenged) was notorious for producing nearly daily bon mots that were regularly harpooned on Saturday Night Live. 

He's the guy who gave us the unforgettable quote, "I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix" and my personal favorite, "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

Palin meanwhile once told a moderator of a debate that she might not "answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also."

Hmm. Interesting stuff here...

If anybody has a means to contact Mark Burnett, drop me a line. I intend to send my idea to him because I think it's a good one. Sarah Palin and Dan Quayle starring in their own reality TV show.  Oh, it's too good not to happen.
 
As Quayle once said, "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

Amen, and pass the mustard

No comments: