Google Webmaster Central

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Anachronous Anaesthesia


The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word "anachronism" as a a "person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially one from another age that is incongruous in the present." Merriam Webster defines "anaesthesia" as "loss of sensation with or without loss of consciousness."

Anachronous Anaesthesia.

The name of this blog is a monniker that arose when I thought I might baptize it using words that began with my name, Ana. That said, after rooting around in the deep (or not) recesses of my cranium, I googled words beginning with the letter A and then started popping together a couple that would, well, mean something.

There is a part of me that always feels out of place, either because something in me still wishes that ladies carried parasols and men wore spats as they strolled down the boulevards, or else wore some kind of futuristic mylar as they strapped on power packs that allowed them to fly at will to wherever. If I could choose, would I live in the past or go to the future? I'm not entirely sure, but would love to give it a shot if I could.


The losing sensation without losing consciousness part? I'm of the opinion that because of all the various forms of media and communications, we have become so de-sensitized to just about everything. This requires us as a people to experience or see something so catastrophic or intense before anything registers at all. Haiti's earthquake is a prime example. We've all noticed, we have all been horrified, but at the same time, the cruise ships have already begun to sail into the island again, and I've heard little public outcry. And let's face it, the ubiquitous flags that were on every car in the United States after 9/11 are now history.

What will I write about? It may become clear to me as the time goes on, but for the present, let's just post this puppy and see what happens.


Amen, and pass the mustard.

No comments: